Monday, October 17, 2011

karen mal - singer / songwriter / mandolinist

Lilt? Trill? Oh yes!

I live by the sea and I write poetry - Karen's voice is the sea, it is the poetry.

I heard her sing Stars Fell on Alabama at a friend's house in Maine - as good as I've ever heard the song sung - a favorite of mine.

I am waiting for her to do jazz anthems and the American songbook - Stars Fell on Alabama of course, I Cover the Waterfront, How High the Moon, and so on.

Take a look at The Space Between and House of Wills (both CDs are available on iTunes).

I heard her sing On the Sunny Side of the Street on House of Wills (Will Taylor & Strings Attached) - as good as I've ever heard the song sung - another favorite of mine.

& Suitcase Full of Memories on The Space Between.

Both CDs highly recommended.

More projects in the works.  Keep a jazz ear out for Karen Mal.

Note: Originally from Connecticut, Karen now lives in Austin, Texas.